Gwen is ... chillin' in rez.

Contact the Rez Blogger

e-mail: rezblog@ryerson.ca
twitter: ryerezblog

Monday, September 29, 2008

Rez Vandalism = BOOOOO

That's right folks, the title says it all. I have lived in rez for three years, and vandalism has and probably will continue to happen. But my question is: WHY?!?!?!?!

I mean, why do people want to destroy the place that they live? I mean do they enjoy living in filth or with lackluster decorations because no one wants to fix the damage?

Think about it...if there were no colorful posters, or sweet decorations how bland and boring would rez be?! It actually scares me a little...

So usually I see this happen, and try to ignore it. But this weekend I noticed that a board that one of my fellow AL's had worked super hard on was completely destroyed. And it kind of infuriated me a little...which is why I'm writing this. It just disappointed her so much, and when a friend is so sad about something... it makes you want to do something about it.

So now I want to call you to action- yes you who's reading this now. I'm not saying you have to go stand up to that group who's ripping down posters (talk about intimidating!), but I'm just asking you not to pull it down with them (but if you do have the courage to speak up...why not?)

It's just that I have just seen the effort that goes into each and every floor, and it crushes the people who made it, when they see their work literally torn to shreds.

Sure I was a first year, and I guess it is kinda hilarious at the time when you draw a mustache on someone's face, or rip down a poster because it's blocking the pristine whiteness of the glorious brick wall behind it (lol)... but I say if all of us just chose not to do it (even when your in a drunken haze) you'll have a greater respect for the place that you live- and it'll maybe even make you absolutely love livin' it up rez style!!!! (I know I do!)

Anyways let me know your thoughts, talk to you soon!

Rezfully yours,

-Gwen

No comments:

Blog Archive